Click4support - Ripped off my 87 year old Mom
My mother was having some problems with her computer, and clicked on a link to a supposed tech help center.When she called them for help, they said her PC, I-Pad,Mac, and wi-fi all had viruses, and that they could fix all of the problems with her computer.
They obtained remote access to all of these devices, (probably installed their malware ***) and then charged her $1,499.00!!!! They used scare tactics, telling her everyone could see her online banking and credit accounts. (They are the ones who could see it now). It took her awhile to tell us about it.
She was embarrassed when she figured out they were a scam.
Reported them to the fraud dept of her credit card and will be following up with a report to the FTC and State Attorney General's office.Do not do any business with these crooks!be7ffae
You may also like
- "We bought an HP e-all-in-one Photosmart 7520 approximately two days ago, only to find out it has a serious flaw apparently common to this product line (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/HP-Photosmart-7520-Power-Issues/td-p/2306929): in order to..."
- "Buying motherboard for DELL Inspiron Dell-F7372: order date 02.05.2012, 28.05. order for DELL engineer to build in motherboard, 30.05. DELL engineer: After unpacking the board he immediately stated that this board is substantially..."
- "I bought a brand new UP by Jawbone bracelet from eBay store (mlglondon). The UP worked well for 2 weeks but after the sun led started flashing red and yellow...."
- "I bought a ballet in Aerosoles. In the store assistants do they job well. I like they, but sometimes I saw what is inside. OMG! See my pictures, please. The..."
- "I went to Walmart in Lebanon Indiana at 8 am Friday to get 3 advertised items. A 2 in 1 laptop, the 40" TV and the wireless printer. TVs were..."
- "Received Tree with greased (black) and scratched remote (see photos), top two sections had been crushed to pack. None of the Clear and Colored lights worked. I called..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "I took a flat tire for repair to the Big O Tire franchise in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 15, 2014. I was instructed to park my F-250 Ford truck at..."
- "On the 30th on June, my fiancé and I were relieved that we were able to pay off the rest of our furniture within the 90 day period. We had..."